Super Matcha - Why Matcha is the Nectar of the Gods
Matcha has been getting a lot of press recently. Whilst matcha has been around for years, its use in Europe is still relatively new. So, what's it all about then Alfie?
What is it?
Enhancing wellbeing and relaxation, Matcha has been used by Buddhist monks for over a millennium as a way to meditate and relax.
The use of Matcha green tea is a long-standing tradition of Japanese culture; being the highest quality, powdered green tea available. Sometimes described as a ‘miracle elixir’ it has been consumed for over a millennium in the Far East. Now, it is considered to be one of the most powerful super foods available.
What will it do?
Matcha provides the full benefits of green tea, with its powerful array of minerals, vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants. Enhancing wellbeing and relaxation, Matcha has been used by Buddhist monks for over a millennium as a way to meditate and relax. Many of the benefits from matcha come because the whole tea leaf is ingested. this means that Matcha delivers a much higher potency of catchins, chlorophyll, and antioxidants.
The many benefits of Matcha include:
- Burning calories through helping to increase metabolism with no negative side effect
- Improving cholesterol
- Detoxifying the body
- Improving the immune system; Matcha provides substantial quantities of potassium, iron, calcium, protein and vitamins A and C.
- Providing high levels of antioxidants; just one bout of Matcha provides over five times as many antioxidants as any other food.
- Increasing energy levels; green tea naturally contains caffeine but Matcha also contains L-Theanine which is a super booster.
- Provides a 6-hour Sustainable Release of Energy
Here are some of our favourite stockists of matcha green tea:
Want to go one step further?
Don't forget to matcha in your morning smoothies - stay tuned for recipes!